Thursday, March 11, 2010

A glimpse in time




Oh what is was like raising 3 active girls. Many many funny, crazy, scary memories. People would say "oh my gosh 3 girls, all with long hair, how do you do it". Fortunately my husband knew how to braid, it was a big help, not so good with brushing out the hair, but If I brushed, he would manage a nice braid or two.

Most people would say girls are very high pitched with there voices and screams, and that would be true. My mom always told me she only wanted one girl due to the whinnier and screechier tendency. But that was a small part of having 3 girls all 2 years apart. We were very occupied, which is the way it should be when you have kids, no time for any indulgences. But I'm glad I did it that way. Our attention was spent on there activities, along with school and building relationships.

I still don't feel like I had enough time to devote to each of them the way I really would have like to, but life is life and things happen.

Another challenge always seemed to be the cost of 3 girls, combine everything female and you have a big whopping chunk of money. Especially when it was prom or the like. We were always very frugal, and had a limit. If they wanted to go over the limit they were responsible for the difference. Today, they are all very frugal too! I'm glad.

Time certainly flies, but it sure is nice to have fond memories of the crazy days of active girls.....I'm glad I have me time now....
Our oldest is married and has 4 kids, 2 girls, 2 boys, 2 dogs
Our middle bought a house 1 year ago, unmarried, working and has a steady boyfriend and a dog
Our youngest just turned 25, is in school to become a registered nurse and has a steady boyfriend, so they are all on there own life journey now... Life is good...still has up's and down's, but that is life....

No comments:

Post a Comment