Friday, July 16, 2010

The White Picket Fence


Sooo many years ago I can recall the thought of the perfect life with the white picket fence out front, a corral full of horses, and a house full of dogs, cats, and kids. Of course the husband would make all the money to accommodate the perfect life with above said additions. How interesting it is to recall what the young mind thought was reality. Although the money was made, but of course went to different priorities, I do have some white picket fence,(out back), have had a horse we enjoyed for a period of time, many cats over the years, an interesting rescued dog, various other pets, ie, hamster's,rabbit,fish, etc and not to mention the house full of kids, 3 of our own and the neighborhood entourage. Which was fine with me. Better at our house than away. With the excitement of sports x 3 kids, life as we all know is not perfect. Many roads traveled over the last 35 years of adulthood, some I would choose not to return to, others not so bad. Of course can only speak for myself.

I look forward to the next 35 years of life's journey. It is curious to me the changes that happen with age and experience. Every few years I can relate to the older generations reactions to situations. There is a sensitivity to my surroundings and the response seems innate. I remember watching my mom when I was 30ish thinking she was over reacting, now I understand why, she had a sense of the circumstance due to experience. She may very well have been over reacting, but maybe heightened an alertness that was necessary. I think it helped me to take a 360 degree view, I could have the option to make a 180 if necessary.

Today I try not to apologize for who I am,(I'm very hard on myself) but instead embrace and understand who I am. I love God, family, friends, life, and Country. I get anxious to easily, stress to much, worry needlessly, But I love nature, healthy food, laughing, enjoy relaxing moments, exercise, the beach, the water, the sun, (try to stay out of the sun) meeting up with good friends, and family time. I continue to work on a complete partnership with my husband, and an understanding with our 3 wonderful daughters, life is good. Really it is.... Oh, I also watch Glen Beck,Fox News Channel, he is my TV boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment